Five Months with Annalie
Our littlest hobbit turned five months old last week. In honor of her first five months of life, I thought I'd share five things we love about our girl...
1. So Happy -- If I had to use one word to describe our little Annalie, it would be "joy." Happiness is serious business to her. She grins, giggles, and blows raspberries so readily...we don't even have to coax them out of her. She almost never fusses. Really. I keep waiting to wake up from this baby dream! She is truly the embodiment of joy!
2. Her Noises -- It's hard to believe that something so adorable could sound so much like a velociraptor. It all started with the squawk. As SOON as she discovered her voice, Annalie began emitting LOUD squawks of delight. It might be while as she watched her sister play in front of her, or it might be at 4:00 a.m. when she woke up and realized just how happy she was! For weeks on end she woke us up at 6:00 a.m. sharp with her "sweet little noises". Ha! The squawk evolved to an ear-splitting squeal and seems to have landed on a growl for now. We'll keep you posted.
3. She's so "Chill" -- This is one laid back baby. It's interesting how early on we were able to pick up on the differences in personality between our girls. Olivia is intense. Annalie is...not. That may help us all maintain some sanity in the days to come:)
4. She loves her lovey. You know Livi and her lovey. Well, finding the perfect lovey for Annalie was of utmost importance. High five to Aunt Laura for stumbling upon the perfect soft, rattle-free (a big priority of mom's -- so it doesn't wake her if she rolls over and shakes it) pink lovey. It is obviously a hit.
5. The ankle twirl -- It's really hard to explain this but it sure makes us laugh. She does it when she's really excited, mostly when she's eating cereal in her high chair. (The phonics lesson in the audio background is a bonus :)
6. This is a bonus -- She has a really great big sister! Olivia continues to be such a loving and gentle big sister. I have NEVER seen her lose patience or get ugly at her sister. I'm sure the day will come, but it has really warmed my heart to see how much she loves Annalie. She is such a big helper too.